The following pool shapes are typical of basic pool designs. We are a Custom Pool Builder and can alter the shape of any basic design to suit your preference or to fit in a particular space. We can also begin with a “blank canvas” and create a one-of-a-kind pool that will showcase innovation and imagination. We pride ourselves on building pools that are just what the customer wants and what will give our customers years of enjoyable backyard entertainment.
Best Pool Designs
Our award-winning Pool Designer will work with you on the design of the pool and show you the many water features available that will compliment the beauty of your pool. We can offer suggestions on the deck and patio area as well as the options available to enhance the overall ambiance of the completed package. We are set apart from the competition by the ability to expedite completion of your pool without compromising quality, and quality is a very important component of our success. We hope to begin building your pool very soon!
Steps to building a quality pool. After our award-winning pool designer has completed the design of the pool, we move to the construction phase. Our goal is to make this a pleasant and fun experience for the new pool owner.
1. Permit and Review
Once your pool design is complete we are ready to start the process of building your outdoor dream.
- Engineering is requested for the construction project.
- A permit application is submitted to the local building department.
- Once the permit is issued; our construction team schedules a pre-site meeting with you to review your construction project.
2. Pool Layout, Excavation and Steel Reinforcement
- After the pool has been laid out, excavation begins and steel reinforcement is put in place.
- The rough plumbing is installed before a final structure inspection is done.
3. Gunite Application
- The concrete crew pneumatically “shoots” the concrete with state of the art equipment designed to improve the structural integrity of the pool shell.
4. Grade and Plumb
- With the concrete shell in place, the deck area is graded and compacted to reduce concrete cracking, and the remainder of the plumbing is installed.
- The plumbing is pressure tested to ensure there are no leaks.
5. Deck Construction
- The deck crew forms the deck area, pours the concrete and then applies saw cuts to the deck within 24 hours to reduce cracking.
6. Brick and Tile
- If the pool owner has chosen the option of upgrading to coping, it is installed before the concrete deck is poured.
- Tile is then installed around the perimeter of the pool at the 6″ waterline row.
7. Deck Topping
- If acrylic decking is chosen, texture is added to the concrete before the color coat is applied.
- If pavers are being used instead of the flocrete decking, they are laid by the paver crew.
8. Pool And Electrical Equipment
- The equipment is now installed.
- This includes the filter and pump as well as any optional features chosen by the pool owner.
9. Pool Cage
- The caged area is measured and the aluminum cage is installed on the decking.
10. Child Safety Barrier
- Upon completion of the pool finish, a child barrier fence or alarm system is installed.
11. Pool Finish And Start-Up
- After the screen cage is complete, the pool shell is cleaned and prepared for the application of the pool finish.
- Immediately after the pool finish is applied, the pool will be filled with water to cure the pool finish.
- Our trained staff then begins to brush the pool and apply chemical treatment.
- It takes a minimum of 28 days to balance the chemicals and prepare the pool for use.
12. Final Grade And Clean-Up
- The yard is cleaned and graded and readied for landscaping.
- With the final pool deck coating applied and the chemical treatment completed, the pool is ready to be used and enjoyed for many years to come.
13. Pool School
- To provide customers with the information needed to maintain their new pool, we offer our Coast to Coast Pool School.
- We will schedule a time for one of our pool pros to instruct the pool owner on the proper operation and maintenance of their new pool.
- This will ensure many years of trouble-free enjoyment and relaxation for the new pool owner.